It is beautiful to finally be home for the summer and away from the stress that is high school science teaching. I was able to finally get some work done as well... Garden is planted and growing, swingset is painted, landscaping has been touched up, brownies have been made and eaten... oh wait, that's not really work, but it was delicious!
I don't usually like to post my actual training weeks, but since this was a unique one I'll post it up so you can see how I like to recover. Most weeks I run everyday and do a long run, this week I took a couple days off and switched the longish ride for a long run.
- Sunday: Day after running 1/2 marathon PR, no workout. Went for a walk.
- Monday: Ran 5.5 miles with a friend at the local Rec Center, easy pace, chatting the whole time.
- Tuesday: Off, went for a walk.
- Wednesday: Rode my road bike for 45 minutes, covered 13 miles with some good hills on a windy day.
- Thursday: Off, did some pushups and went for a walk.
- Friday: Ran 4 miles at the Rec Center again. This time I just ran by myself.
- Saturday: Group Ride around Lake Lowell, 27.5 miles in 1:34. No speed records, I probably could have knocked 10 minutes off if I wanted, but that wasn't necessary, although the weather was perfect. Mike got taken out at a stop sign when a member of the ride had a pedal error, opps, but funny!
- Sunday: Finished off the recovery week with a great little run on my favorite home loop, 6 miles in around 44 minutes. It was perfect out and my legs are beginning to feel back to normal after an intense racing season.
(Starting line of the 2010 Sawtooth Relay, blue skies and sunshine, nothing to complain about here...)
Bring on GALENA! (overlook, 4 miles up the mountain, more on this picture next week)