In endurance events, there are times when it just comes down to putting one foot in front of the other. I'm motivated to do just that right now. I had to do a similar process to finish the Galena Marathon both times. Here I am at the start of the 2009 Galena race. The FCA-E yellow is easy to spot.
In my pursuit of moving my faith into action with the Mohican project I have decided that the only thing I can do while I wait on certain peices to fall into place is keep moving. I have to keep training and praying about how God will use me on this mission. It is not my race, I'm just lucky enough to get a go at it and whatever is provided for me to use as I continue on is a blessing.
Here is an update on the progress:
- still waiting for two families to be acknowledged through the Nampa, ID and Ashland, OH areas and for God to provide a bridge for me to raise funds for their needs
- looking for a road bike, which I will need to serve as a critical part of my training
- Mohican 100 date is still not set, so I'm concerned I'll be rushed to get back to Ohio in time
- financial cost of this project is looming, it is intimidating to think of what I will have to invest
- no word back on various side projects, including a weekly off-road time trial in Kuna or the Owyhees
"He who hears my word and puts it into practice is like the wise man who built his house on the rock." Matthew 7:24