Thursday, December 9, 2010

WINTER!


(Update: Road Bike Photo Finally Posted)

Since it has been just over a month since my last post, I figured I better update for those who decide to check on me from time to time.

I havent' made any progress with the fundraising of the project, and winter has set in hard the last three weeks here in Idaho, so the riding has been really hurting. I have decided to turn to the old faithful running shoes to get me by when the slush is thick and the air is frigid. I remembered quickly how much it hurts when you don't run much for a while. I have vowed to go easy at it as to not get injured this winter like I did last. It seems that while some cyclists go skiing, I have found my "winter" sport is running. This process has raised my interest in doing a couple non-biking events again this year, with a possible run at the X-Terra Triathlon in McCall come August. Really though, I walk by the bikes hanging in the garage and wonder, "when will the winter end and will I have what it takes to ride 100 miles off-road?"


Those of you who know I can do it can feel free to insert your encouragement "here" and let me know that the sun will someday come out again in Idaho and my bike will still pedal.

No comments:

Post a Comment