Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ready to Run!

Ok, here it goes... Tomorrow it will be one week since my last workout of any kind (minus and few pushups every day) so I think it is time to give it a shot. I definately have the coughing under control and the legs are feeling flat but completely rested otherwise. I took one week off to kick this cold/mystery illness that wouldn't let me go for the past few weeks. Prior to that, I even took several days off or easy, so I SHOULD be ready for a re-entry tomorrow. However, with that in mind, I'll still be taking it very cautious and watching my energy and rest to make sure I'm healthy when it really matters.

The positive side is that I've had a lot of time to think and pray and really was awakened today at church by the short video which finally made me realize that I'm not listening to God at the moment... it was hard to hear and realize that, but after digesting that all day, I ready to move forward with that in mind. I often become so obsessed with whatever I'm doing that I neglect to remember the point of it all is to Glorify God and bring Him praise. Wow, now that I write it, its even become more clear. When I started this journey I was reminded of how the man who hears God's word and puts it into action is like the wise builder who built his house on the rocks. When storms came, his home was secure because it had a firm foundation. As the storms of life have hit me these last few weeks I've been constantly trying to rebuild my sand castle without wisely moving my house back onto the rocks. (see Matthew 7:24-27)



I was also reminded today of how Christ expects me to show my faith. It is by action through works motivated by love of neighbor and Christ. In the sermon this morning, Pastor Johnson addressed being the salt and light of the world (Matthew 5:13-16). I've come to the conclusion that its pretty hard to be either of those without first allowing Christ to be number one in life. I know that I was putting a lot of other things before Christ these last few weeks (not JUST running, but yep, that's one of 'em) so as I begin the restoration of my health and fitness tomorrow, it will be only through Christ that I stand and run. "[For] those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary." (Isaiah 40:31)



Starting my 1st leg at the 2010 Sawtooth Relay

No comments:

Post a Comment